The MASTERGAN4 is an advanced power system-in-package integrating a gate driver and two enhancement mode GaN power transistors in half bridge configuration. The integrated power GaNs have 650 V drain-source blocking voltage and RDS(ON) of 225 mΩ, while the high side of the embedded gate driver can be easily supplied by the integrated bootstrap diode. The MASTERGAN4 features UVLO protection on both the lower and upper driving sections, preventing the power switches from operating in low efficiency or dangerous conditions, and the interlocking function avoids cross-conduction conditions.
The extended range of the input pins allows easy interfacing with microcontrollers, DSP units or Hall effect sensors. The MASTERGAN4 operates in the industrial temperature range, -40°C to 125°C. The device is available in a compact 9×9 mm QFN package.
- 600 V system-in-package integrating half-bridge gate driver and high-voltage GaN power transistors:
- QFN 9 x 9 x 1 mm package
- RDS(ON) = 225 mΩ
- IDS(MAX) = 6.5
- Reverse current capability
- Zero reverse recovery loss
- UVLO protection on low-side and high-side
- Internal bootstrap diode
- Interlocking function
- Dedicated pin for shut down functionality
- Accurate internal timing match
- 3.3 V to 15 V compatible inputs with hysteresis and pull-down
- Over temperature protection
- Bill of material reduction
- Very compact and simplified layout
- Flexible, easy and fast design.